We are in network with :
We are not in network with insurance that is specific to:
- Unity Point
- Mercy Catholic Health Initiatives
Unity Point and Mercy specific health plans will not allow us in network as we are a private clinic and not part of their system
We are not in network with Iowa Medicaid
Unfortunately we are a small clinic and the timeliness of payment and authorization for physical therapy services is prohibitive to us offering quality care.
What you need to know about insurance
- Most insurance companies require a referral from a physician
- Blue Cross Blue Shield does not – they are a direct access carrier
- Most insurance companies have a visit limit per calendar year
- Some can be extended based on medical necessity, some are a hard max no matter what the issue
- We bill as an office setting
- If you call to check your own benefits this is a crucial piece of information to provide as it can make the difference in whether your visit is applied to deductible or subject to a copay.
- Some insurance companies apply chiropractic visits toward your physical therapy count for the calendar year. Please inform us if you are under the care of a chiropractor.
Cost per visit
- We will check your benefits prior to or during your first appointment. If you have questions about benefits please contact our office manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With proper information given, you will not leave our office without knowing your patient portion per treatment. We pride ourselves on making sure there are no surprises with your benefits.
- Depending on your plan you will have a standard copay per visit or you will have a coinsurance per visit (a percentage of the visit that you are responsible for)
- Copays and coinsurance are due at the time of treatment
- We have a cash rate of $100/visit if you chose to not utilize your health insurance or you have no health insurance.